例: How much is the shirt?
A. ￡19.15. B. ￡ 9.18. C. ￡ 9.15.
1. What is the man doing?
A. Asking the way.
B. Giving directions.
C. Correcting a mistake.
2. What dress size does the woman want?
A. 8. B. 10. C. 12.
3. What is the woman likely to do?
A. Make a phone call. B. Handle the problem. C. Have a rest.
4. Which tour does the man seem to be interested in?
A. The evening tour. B. The half-day tour. C. The full-day tour.
5. Where are the speakers?
A. At a canteen. B. At a clinic. C. At a bank.
6. What does the woman think of the match?
A. Entertaining. B. Discouraging. C. Boring.
7. What do the speakers plan to do on Tuesday afternoon?
A. Watch a game. B. Play tennis. C. Go to the cinema.
8. What does the man advise Mrs. White to do?
A. Go on a diet. B. Do more exercise. C. Get enough sleep.
9. Which can be included in Mrs. White’s breakfast?
A. Eggs. B. Sausages. C. Porridge.
10. What is the man?
A. A teacher. B. A physician. C. A chef.
11. How does Nancy look to Daniel?
A. Confused. B. Excited. C. Anxious.
12. Why does Daniel mention his performance in a play?
A. To comfort Nancy. B. To express his regret. C. To show his pride.
13. What is Nancy going to do next week?
A. Take a school test. B. Have a check-up. C. Go in for a competition.
14. What does Daniel offer to do for Nancy?
A. Rewrite her lines. B. Drive her to the theatre. C. Help her with the practice.
15. What was Prof. Stone’s grandfather afraid of?
A. Leaving his home.
B. Parting from his son.
C. Taking early retirement.
16. What does old age mean to many elderly Americans?
A. Lack of moral support. B. Loss of self-worth. C. Change of living habits.
17. What will Prof. Stone talk about next concerning elderly people?
A. Public services they ask for.
B. Health care available to them.
C. Contributions they can make.
18. What does the speaker’s mother want her to be?
A. A confident person. B. A warm-hearted person. C. A humorous person.
19. Why did the speaker feel lonely in her childhood?
A. She often traveled by herself.
B. Her family moved frequently.
C. Her mother was busy working.
20. What does the speaker mainly talk about?
A. Importance of home schooling.
B. Mother-daughter relationship.
C. A role model in her family.